ApplicantStack Onboarding offers you the capability to upload your own PDF forms. In order to upload your PDF forms, click the library tab, then forms on the left. On the right menu find the Add Form button.
NOTE - The following video is using our older user interface
Once you click the Add Form button you will be presented with the Add Form screen. Enter the name of the form in the Form Name field. Next click Choose File to locate the form you wish to upload on your hard drive. When you are ready, click Next.
Now you are presented with the Edit Form screen. From this screen you can enter the following information:
- Name: You can change the name of the form
- Instructions: You can create instructions for your form
- Form Type: From this drop down you can select who should be able to fill out the form and the order that they should complete the form when you assign the form. Your options are:
- Hire only: Only the Hire completes the form
- Employer only: Only the employer completes the form
- Hire, then employer: The hire completes their section first and then the employer will complete their section next
- Employer, then hire: The employer completes their section first and then the hire will complete their section next
- Send Email Reminder: You can choose to send a reminder to complete the form to the assignees. The reminders will send until each assignees section has been completed. For example, if you selected Hire, then employer, a reminder is sent to the hire to complete the form. Once the hire completes their section, they no longer receive a reminder and then a reminder is sent to the employer to complete their section.
NOTE - The following video is using our older user interface
You should notice a menu bar on the left side of your screen. This menu bar provides a variety of fields that you can add to your forms.
Simply click the field you want and then place it on the form. These fields are:
- Single-Line Text: Creates a text field that allows the assignee to enter text on a single line.
- Multi-Line Text: Creates a text field that allows for wrap around text and multiple lines.
- Signature: Creates a field that allows the assignee to enter a signature.
- Date: Creates a field with the date type and a date selector.
- Dropdown: Allows you to create a drop down field that contains selectable options that you determine.
- Multiple Choice Fields: This allows you to create a radio button or multiple choice field. This is useful for fields that have Yes/No answers or answers that allow the user to select one out of X options. To create these type of fields, drag your first multiple choice field to the desired location. Next drag your other multiple choice field to the desired location. You will need to double click the second field and make sure that it is named the same as your first multiple choice field. For more information, see editing fields below.
- Checkbox: Allows the creation of a single click checkbox.
- Label: You can create a non-fillable label for your form.
Note that the form above has all the fields created. Our forms feature allows you to upload a pdf form with existing form fields into your Onboarding account. This is useful as you will not need to create the form fields using the tools above. Of course if your form does not have existing form fields or you upload a scanned PDF, you can create the form fields that you need using the tools above.
To edit a form field, click the field and you will be presented with a summary dialog. Alternatively, you can double click the field and open the edit field dialog box.
Clicking the delete button will remove the field. Clicking edit will open the following dialog box:
This box contains the following options:
- Name: Allows you to change the name of the field. Note this will change the name internally and not on the actual pdf. If the field is required and the assignee does not answer the question, the validation system will use this name to inform the assignee that the question is required. The name should be something that is informative and unique. For multiple choice fields, this field must be the same for each field option in the group.
- Type: Allows you to change the field type.
- Required: Check this box to indicate that the field is required.
- Validation: There are currently four options that the system uses:
- Number: value must be numeric
- Phone: value must be in the format of a phone number (###) ###-####
- SSN: value must be in the format of a social security number ###-##-####
- Email: value must in the format of an email address
- Comb: This allows you to set a numeric value for the amount of characters in a comb field.
- For example, your social security field isformated like the following image:
- Notice that each field has vertical lines. In the first field you will see 3 vertical lines. You would set the comb value to 3. This will limit the characters in the field to three and will space each character between the vertical lines. See below:
- Autofill: You can use this field to autofill the form field with text you enter or you can click Merge Codes and use dynamic text to populate the field with data contained in your Hire fields (like name, address, start date, pay rate, etc.).
- Tooltip: This option allows you to add a tool tip to your form field that will appear when the assignee clicks the field.
- Form Group: Use this option to assign a field to a particular group that you selected under Form Type above. You can assign the field to the hire or the employer.
- Position: This allows you to move the field on the page using the fields x and y values as well as change the height and width of the field. This is useful for precision placement that you are not able to achieve using the mouse.
Additional options are available for the following field types:
- Value: For Multiple Choice fields, enter a unique value for the field. The value doesn't change what is displayed on the form and is only used for reports and autofill.
- Options: For Dropdown fields, enter the options for the drop down list, one per line
- Text: For Label fields, this will be the text that is displayed in the label on the form
When you are finished editing your form, click save.