ApplicantStack™ Reports offers your organization flexible and powerful reporting capabilities that can be exported from the system to a .csv file.
From the Reports tab you can see any of your existing reports as well as the ability to “Create Report”
There are many options that are available for each report.
- Name: The name of the report.
- Description: A detailed description of the selected report.
- Dataset: The data you wish to access for the Report. This selection with determine the fields that are available for selection in the Fields section of the report. These datasets are as follows:
- Type: The level of detail and focus of the report.
- Detail: Provides details on individual records for the selected data elements.
- Summary: Provides a high level view of statistics.
- Chart: Gives the ability to display your report as a chart. This type of report uses the same engine as the Summary type and is useful for visually representing counts and aggregate data. You can choose between Pie, Bar, Column or Line Graphs.
- Draft: Clicking Draft puts the report in draft mode. The report will be available to you, but not other users. You can remove it from Draft by clicking the Draft icon again.
- Favorite: Clicking the heart icon marks the report as a favorite.
- Primary Field: The main focus of a Summary Report. The Primary field is only available when Summary Type is selected for a Report.
- Select Category: This dropdown will determine which fields will be available for selection.
- Select Field: Select the field that you wish to make the primary field in the Report. The Category selected will determine what fields are available for selection. You can use the up and down arrows on the side of this text box to switch the order of the fields. Note that this is only available for Detail type reports.
- Secondary Field(s): These are additional fields that can be included in the report. If Detail is selected for the Type of the report, then this field is called Fields and there is no primary or secondary fields.
- Fields: These can be expanded by clicking the plus icon on the right side of the box. This will show you each field that is available in each grouping. To close the fields, click the minus icon. To select a field, click on the field and hold the left mouse button, then drag the field to the box labeled Selected Fields.
- Selected Fields: This list contains the fields that you selected from the fields box. You can remove these fields by clicking them and holding the left mouse button, then drag the field to the Fields box. You can rearranged these fields within this box as well by clicking the field you want to move and holding the left mouse button, then dragging the field to your desired position.
Note: Fields can be selected from multiple Categories in the Data Set, you are not limited to selecting fields from one Category - you can also pull in fields from Forms & Questionnaires
ApplicantStack™ gives you the ability to group your reports by up to 3 categories. By selecting a Category and corresponding Field(s), you can Group the data on the report by those fields. The Categories and Fields available for groupings are the same as those in the fields section.
Not only can you group by data, you can also set up filters for reports to filter the data in more meaningful ways. Much like you can do with grouping, you can filter a report by selecting fields.
The filters categories can be expanded by clicking the plus icon on the right side of the box. This will show you each field that is available in each category. To close the categories, click the minus icon. To select a field, click on the field and hold the left mouse button, then drag the field to the box labeled Selected Fields.
You can remove these fields from the Selected Fields box by clicking them and holding the left mouse button, then drag the field to the Fields box. You can rearranged these fields within this box as well by clicking the field you want to move and holding the left mouse button, then dragging the field to your desired position.
When you are finished editing the report, you click Save to commit your changes or you can click Save and Preview to save your changes and preview your report with the first 100 results. Note that in preview filters have been disabled.
Example of Report in Preview Mode:
Once you choose "Save", you can run the report by selecting the report title here:
Once you run the report you can add in any filters then select "Filter", you can also choose "Export CSV" to manipulate the data in a spreadsheet: